“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance”
~ Oscar Wilde
Take care of your health and well-being. You are the only YOU you’ve got.
Health and well-being resources include:
- Attitude & Mood – developing emotional intelligence, being happy, managing depression
- Stress & Change – managing stress, grief, change
- Life Balance – managing time, organizing, cleaning clutter
- Diet & Exercise – eating healthy, getting active
- Body-Image – having a healthy body-image, eating disorders
- Drugs & Alcohol
ATTITUDE & MOOD
This includes emotional intelligence, happiness, and depression.
Developing Emotional Intelligence
- Emotionally Intelligent Living – Book by Geetu Orme. Easy to read, down to earth example of the various theories of emotional intelligence and how to use them.
- Developing your Emotional Intelligence: Top 10 Suggestions
- #Health News: Self-Control – The Key to Health, Wealth & Success. Check out the video for a laugh.
- #Health News: Check out the original “marshmallow study” on #self-control.
- Emotional Intelligence Tests
- The Emotionally Intelligent Manager: How to Develop and Use the Four Key Emotional Skills of Leadership – Book by David Caruso and Peter Salovey.
- Five Ways to Stop Stressing & Become Happier & More Confident.
- Smart Parents, Happy Kids
- Truly Inspiring – It’ll Make You Smile
- I Love Living Life. I Am Happy
- How To Be Alone
- Health Checkup: Kids and Mental Health
- How Acne & Depression Feed Each Other
- Depression Returns in Half of Treated Teens
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
STRESS & CHANGE
This includes stress management, grief, change management, and conflict management.
- Stress Article
- Stress Buster Tip
- Making the Grades: Stress Less for Finals
- Stop Stress with a Belly Breath
This includes time management, organization, and cleaning out clutter.
- Time Management
- Managing Your Time
- Time Management Skills
- How Good Is Your Time Management
- 10 Common Time Management Mistakes
- Leverage: Achieving much more with the same effort
- Managing Email Effectively: Strategies for Taming Your Inbox
- Prioritization: Making best use of your time and resources
- The Urgent/Important Matrix: Using time effectively, not just efficiently
- Spam Ratings
- The Clutter Diet Blog
- 10-Minute Clutter Control: Easy Feng Shui Tips for Getting Organized – Book by Skye Alexander.
DIET & EXERCISE
This section includes taking care of your body through eating healthy and getting active.
- Healthy Eating for Kids Recipes and Menus
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy College Food
- Timeless Tips for Healthy Eating in College
- Eating Disorders Anonymous
It is not uncommon for us (especially teens) to compare ourselves to others. No thanks to the world of media, we may find ourselves comparing ourselves to unrealistic images. This section includes body-image and eating disorders.
Having a Healthy Body-Image
- About-face – To equip women and girls with tools to understand and resist harmful media messages that affect self-esteem and body image.
- The Body Image Project – A movement to reframe body image and enable everyone, everywhere, to discovery and celebrate the real you.
- Dove – Evolution Commercial
- Extreme (Photoshop) Makeover
- The Photoshop Effect
- The Body Project
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) – A global professional association committed to leadership in eating disorders research, education, treatment, and prevention.
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA) – A national organization focusing on increased prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for binge eating disorder. Committed to facilitating awareness, excellence in care, and recovery for those who live and those who work with binge eating disorder through outreach and support, education, and resources.
- Eating Disorder Anonymous (EDA) – A fellowship of individuals who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problems and help others to recover from their eating disorders.
- Eating Disorder Network of Maryland (EDN Maryland) – Created by a group of professionals, clinicians, parents &family members. Their goal is to educate and help spread eating disorder awareness throughout Maryland!
- Voice in Recovery
DRUGS & ALCOHOL
What do you know about drugs and alcohol? What you don’t know, may kill you or someone you know. Know the facts.