“Time is not measured by the passing of years
but by what one does, what one feels, and what one achieves.”
~ Jawaharlal Nehru
What skills and abilities do you chose to utilize in your life? How do you manage your finances, now and for the future? Career & Finance resources include:
- Career Planning & Development:
- Assessing Yourself
- Searching for a Job
- Writing Your Cover Letter
- Accepting the Job
- Jobbing Temporarily – internships, summer jobs, temp jobs
- Achieving Success on the Job
CAREER PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
What career path do you want to take? Do you know what you want to do? Are you happy with the path you are on not? This section includes assessing yourself, searching for a job, writing your resume and cover letter, interviewing, accepting the job, finding a temporary job, and achieving success on the job.
- Campbell Interest & Skills Survey – Contact me if you are interested in taking this assessment.
- Jung Typology Test – Test is based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality assessment.
- Employment Skills – Do you have the skills the employers want?
- Entrepreneur Profiler
- Risk Attitudes Profiler
- World-of-Work Map: Data People, Idea, Things
- Career Guides and Publications
Searching for a Job
- Job Search Strategies – Video (23 minutes) including an introduction to the job search process, how to identify potential employers, how to research the employer, and how to apply for job openings.
- Flip Dog.com
Writing Your Cover Letter
- Interview Preparation – 32-minute video
- Dress for Success – 68-minute video.
- The 30-Second Commercial: How to Introduce Yourself – 8-minute video.
Accepting the Job
- Salary Negotiation – 43-minute video.
Jobbing Temporarily: Internships, summer jobs, temp jobs
Achieving Success on the Job
How do you manage your money? Are you able to purchase what you want without debt while saving for the future? This section includes organizing, budgeting, and saving your money.
- Mint.com – FREE online resource to manage your money.
- Learning To Budget Your Money By Example: BudgetByExample.com
- 10 Budgeting Tips
- Budget Planning 101: How to Budget Your Money
- MoneyMindEd – Give your teen a competitive advantage.
- Money 101: A step by step guide to gaining control of your financial life.
- Junior Achievement’s Mission Fed Finance Park – a paperless, high-tech learning center that helps students imagine who they want to be and gives them hands-on tools and skills to plan for a financially secure future.
- California gets an “F” in Financial Literacy: Change the Statistics