Helps us to see what is there
instead of what isn’t.
What are you thankful for? Can you list at least 20 reasons?
In honor of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for at least these 5:
– My HEALTH: A car accident 30 years ago left me with a broken neck. I am thankful for my recovery, and the support I have to stay flexible.
– My FAMILY: I am thankful for my first love coming back into my life nearly 10 years ago. Through our ups and downs, we’ve nurtured our beautifully blended family.
– My FRIENDS: They have provided a hand to celebrate, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to vent to, a silly face to make me smile, a hug when I really needed it, and many wonderful memories. I am blessed to have them in my life.
– My EDUCATION: I am thankful for my drive to never stop learning for it has continued to develop my skills and abilities, and opened doors to opportunities I couldn’t have before imagined.
– My CAREER PASSION: I am thankful for the opportunities over the last 2 decades to have touched the lives of many people, and to have them enrich mine as well. Confucius was right to say “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” I am blessed to be living my passion!
May you also stop to count your blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!
“Take your time,
or someone else will.”
~ Dr. Karen Kramer, Life Coach
How often do you come to the end of your day and say “Where has the time gone?”
Or maybe you blame other people for taking time away from you.
Reclaim power over your time!
Make a list of those things that are most important to do in your life (or that day).
Plan ahead by placing the important things in your calendar first.
Say “no,” when appropriate.
“It’s never to early to be
the person you want to become.”
~ Dr Karen Kramer, Life Coach
“I’ll try that when I’m older.”
“I’m too young to do that.”
“I can’t because I’m not old enough.”
“When I’m older, I want to be …”
Sure, there are some limits to doing what you want now, but TEST those “limits.” Don’t sit back dreaming of who you want to be “when you grow up.” Start taking action towards your aspirations NOW!
“Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations
of the tallest buildings,
but they cannot touch the foundation of America.
We will not tire. We will not falter. We will not fail.”
~ George W. Bush
I clearly remember that day as I’m sure you do too, if you were old enough.
No mater what nationality you are, religion, or political view, don’t let others touch the foundation of who you are.
May we remember and honor those who lost their lives to help save the lives of others. And may there be peace around the world.
“I tried carrying the weight of the world,
but I only have two hands.”
~ “Wake me up,” Avicii
What’s weighing you down?
What have you taken on that can be postponed, delegated, or otherwise taken off your “To Do List.”
Feel the lifted weight off your shoulders by focusing only on that which you can do with ease and joy.
“It is only through labor and painful effort,
by grim energy and resolute courage,
that we move on to better things.”
~ Theodore Roosevelt
To grow and develop – whether it be as a person, a team, or a country – we need to step outside our confirm zone, take risks, and stretch ourselves.
What will YOU do this week to stretch yourself?
Happy Labor Day!